Zucchini Bread is one of the easiest breads to make. With zucchini season in full swing here I found myself with 3-4 inch thick zucchini and about 7 inches long. It really seems to be doing very well this year. I will be spending all day tomorrow with my mixer and oven. Do you have those problems too? What else do you make with excess zucchini?
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound zucchini coarsely shredded
- Butter an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan and coat it with sugar.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the canola oil with the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the shredded zucchini. Stir the zucchini batter into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the zucchini bread batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the zucchini bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.