Zucchini Bread is one of the easiest breads to make. With zucchini season in full swing here I found myself with 3-4 inch thick zucchini and about 7 inches long. It really seems to be doing very well this year. I will be spending all day tomorrow with my mixer and oven. Do you have those problems too? What else do you make with excess zucchini?
More veggie goodness can be found at
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound zucchini coarsely shredded
- Butter an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan and coat it with sugar.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the canola oil with the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the shredded zucchini. Stir the zucchini batter into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the zucchini bread batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the zucchini bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.