York Mint Sugar Cookies- Did you know you can use a sugar cookie batter to make over 50 different cookies? Just add your own decorating touch or a bit of food coloring and watch your assortment grow! York Peppermint Patties add a bit of added flavor to these sugar cookies. #peppermint #sugar #cookie
York Mint Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt or sour cream at room temperature
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 unwrapped York mint candies
- In large mixing bowl, beat together granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the Greek yogurt, egg, and vanilla, just until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt. Slow beat into the butter-sugar mixture until fully combined. Let chill for 1 hour or up to 48 hours.
- Place rack in the center of oven and preheat 400 degrees F. Unwrap Andes mints. For each cookie, scoop 1 tablespoon of dough, flatten it slightly, then form it around mint so that the mint is fully enclosed in a dough “package.” The dough will feel sticky, so wet your fingers a little as needed to help with shaping the dough. Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 9 to 10 minutes, until light brown (cookies will appear underdone). Let cool on baking sheet for 1 minute, then remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.