Did you know you can use a sugar cookie batter to make over 50 different cookies? Just add your own decorating touch or a bit of food coloring and watch your assortment grow! York Peppermint Patties add a bit of added flavor to these sugar cookies. #peppermint #sugar #cookie
For more cookie recipes see Ultimate Cookie Bloopers
York Mint Sugar Cookies
York Peppermint Patties add a bit of added flavor to these sugar cookies. #peppermint #cookie
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 unwrapped York mint candies
- In large mixing bowl, beat together granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the Greek yogurt, egg, and vanilla, just until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt. Slow beat into the butter-sugar mixture until fully combined. Let chill for 1 hour or up to 48 hours.
- Place rack in the center of oven and preheat 400 degrees F. Unwrap Andes mints. For each cookie, scoop 1 tablespoon of dough, flatten it slightly, then form it around mint so that the mint is fully enclosed in a dough “package.” The dough will feel sticky, so wet your fingers a little as needed to help with shaping the dough. Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 9 to 10 minutes, until light brown (cookies will appear underdone). Let cool on baking sheet for 1 minute, then remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 2 cookies
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
Sodium 150 mg
Total Carbohydrates 18 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 12 g
Protein 2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.