Beer Marinated Italian Sausage
Beer Marinated Italian Sausage with sauteed peppers and onions.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 2 packs Italian sausage of your choice
- 2 12 oz. bottles of a dark lager style beer do not spend too much money as it is just a marinade
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 3 large white onions divided
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons Montreal Steak seasoning or A1
- 12 hoagie rolls or other hearty large split style bun
- 1 bottle Dijon mustard
In a pan, place the sausage in a single layer and pierce several times with a fork.
Add thinly sliced white onions, and cover with beer.
Refrigerate over night and allow the flavors to marry
Cut red pepper, green pepper, and remaining onion in thin strips, season with steak seasoning and reserve in a pan.
Preheat your grill - preferably your charcoal grill and place marinated sausages on rack.
Cook until temperature reaches 160 degree internal temperature.
While the sausage is cooking cook the peppers and onions in the pan on the grill until tender.
Place your buns on the grill to get a light char and place the cooked sausage inside
Top with the sauteed peppers and Dijon mustard
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 77.2kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.8g | Protein: 1.4g | Fat: 3.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.04g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 76.2mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 1.9g | Sugar: 8.5g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg