Avocado Breakfast Bake
It's time for brunch again and this Avocado Breakfast Bake doesn't disappoint!
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time55 mins
Total Time1 hr 20 mins
- 1 lb bulk chorizo sausage
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 can 15 oz Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese 8 oz
- 3/4 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced fresh avocado chopped fresh tomato, salsa, hot sauce, lime wedges, if desired
Heat oven to 400°F. In 10-inch cast-iron skillet, cook chorizo, onion and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until chorizo is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
Reserve 3/4 cup of the black beans; stir remaining black beans into chorizo mixture in skillet along with 1 cup of the cheese.
In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until blended. Pour over mixture in skillet. Top with reserved black beans and remaining 1 cup cheese.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Top with chopped cilantro. Serve with remaining ingredients.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
- For extra spice, add a seeded chopped jalapeño chile when cooking the onion and chorizo
Serving: 1g | Calories: 690kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1590mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg