Carnival Squash with Apples and Thyme
Mind you, this squash got as big as a seedless watermelon so one will go a long way.
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time1 hr 15 mins
Total Time1 hr 40 mins
- 2 carnival or acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 Small apples 2 large, tart
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Heat the oven to 375°. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place on a cookie sheet and brush with a little of the butter and season with a little salt. Place a thyme sprig in each half and bake for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix together the apples, the remaining melted butter, the sugar and the cinnamon. Remove the squash from the oven.
Fill each squash with the apple mixture. Put them back in the oven for 15-20 minutes more, or until the squash and the apples are soft and caramelized.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
- This squash makes a lot of juices so be careful to adapt for that.
- Watch cook times as mine was larger sized and took a bit longer to cook. I stuck a fork in it to make sure it was done enough. I gauged that by the way I like my acorn squash.
- Don't forget to save the seeds for planting next year.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 1.7g | Fat: 2.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg