The wait is over. A new taste sensation is here! That’s right, ANOTHER cheesecake from the Queen of Cheesecakes! I tempted you with my video a few weeks ago and then life got in the way. But I am back again with this decadent dessert worthy to become part of any special occasion you have on your calendar. Chocolate covered malted candy balls chopped into pieces and mixed with a light and creamy cheesecake filling awaits. Sitting tall in an Oreo crust it is a must have for your next dinner party. #oreo #whoppers #cheesecake
Click the link for my signature Hot Fudge Sauce
My Tip Friday, 6 Tips To A Perfect Cheesecake Experience will guide you to that perfect cheesecake outcome!
Whoppers Malted Cheesecake
- 1 pkg Oreo Cookies finely crushed approximately 25 cookies
- 4 Tbs butter melted
- 3 8- oz packages cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 cups semi-crushed malted milk balls I place the milk balls in a large resealable plastic bag and then smash repeatedly with rolling pin until they are crushed into pieces, but not finely crushed--you want to have some larger pieces of the milk balls in your cheesecake.
- In a small bowl, combine the oreo crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In KitchenAid mixer (or with electric hand-mixer) cream together cream cheese, sugar on medium speed, pausing to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, until ingredients are well-combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition.
- On low speed stir in sour cream until just combined.
- Using rubber spatula, fold in crushed milk balls.
- Pour cheesecake batter into prepared springform pan/over malted shortbread crust
- Bake on 350F for 45 minutes/until cheesecake is mostly set, slightly jiggly in the center still but firm to the touch when lightly touched with fingertips. Edges may be slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Transfer to fridge and allow to chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
Dark Chocolate Malted Topping:
- Drizzle choloate syrup over cheesecake.
- Sprinkle crushed malt balls on top.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.