Very Berry Pancakes ~These pancakes are so light and yummy and I just love that you can add fresh fruit of any kind. Here is a mixture of blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. These berries are very healthy and go so well together. Add whipped cream or syrup if you have a sweet tooth, but the berries alone make this dish sweet enough. Mom will love these served to her on her special day. They are easy enough to put together as the recipe states, but you can cheat and use frozen pancakes if you are too young to light the stove! Yummy and pretty at the same time!
Very Berry Pancakes
- 1 cup each raspberries blueberries, sliced strawberries, and blackberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted, plus 4 teaspoons for the dishes
- 3 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Maple syrup and confectioners' sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Gently combine the berries and sugar in a small bowl and set aside while you make the pancakes. Place 4 (6- to 7-inch) individual gratin dishes on two sheet pans. Place 1 teaspoon of butter in each gratin dish and set aside.
- Place the eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and beat on medium speed until mixed. Add the milk and combine. Slowly add the flour, vanilla, orange zest, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and the salt and mix just until smooth. Whisk by hand if the mixture is lumpy.
- Place the gratin dishes in the oven for 3 minutes, until the butter is hot and bubbly. Make sure the butter covers the bottom of each dish. Immediately divide the batter equally among the gratin dishes and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned. Divide the berries among the dishes, drizzle with maple syrup, dust with confectioners' sugar, and serve hot.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.