Another zero point plus Weight Watcher soup. This soup is just full of veggies! Makes a great lunch or snack especially when you are just starting the WW diet and getting the point limit figured out. This freezes wonderfully in small tupperware containers. Makes a great lunch to bring to work and heat up in the micro. No excuses about not being prepared or having enough time to eat well. Prepare your veggies and soup on the weekend and freeze individual portions to have for the entire week. You can’t do better than ZERO points!
Veggie Soup from WW
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 zucchini diced
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 2 cups swiss chard chopped
- 2 cups broccoli cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons thyme chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice optional
- Put first 10 ingredients (garlic - broth) in a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to a simmer and simmer partly covered for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Leave veggies whole or use an immersion blender and puree just a bit leaving some veggie chunks.
- Stir in parsley and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.