Another zero point plus Weight Watcher soup. This soup is just clock full of veggies! Makes a great lunch or snack especially when you are just starting the WW diet and getting the point limit figured out. This freezes wonderfully in small tupperware containers. Makes a great lunch to bring to work and heat up in the micro. No excuses about not being prepared or having enough time to eat well. Prepare your veggies an soup on the weekend and freeze individual portions to have for the entire week. You can’t do better than ZERO points!
Serving size: 98g
Fat: 0.2 g
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped (or ½ teaspoon dried thyme)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- Put first 10 ingredients (garlic - broth) in a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to a simmer and simmer partly covered for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Leave veggies whole or use an immersion blender and puree just a bit leaving some veggie chunks.
- Stir in parsley and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.