Vanilla Custard And Chocolate ~Custard and chocolate. Together in a dessert guaranteed to taste sensational. Not just any old pudding, or whipped dessert, but homemade custard! With the chocolate grated over the top the flavor just wows your taste buds asking for more. And the best part is that you choose the brands and level of excellence of the ingredients! The choice is yours! Are you going for the best?
Vanilla Custard And Chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate grated
- Have eggs ready in a small bowl.
- Using a whisk, combine milk, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow milk to heat to the point when tiny bubbles form around edges of pan. Whisk occasionally to prevent clumping.
- Remove milk mixture from heat.
- Mix about 2 tablespoons of scalded milk mixture into eggs using whisk, then introduce eggs into milk mixture in a slow stream, whisking milk mixture constantly
- Return pan to heat and whisk gently until custard thickens, another two or three minutes. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into serving cups and chill in fridge until ready to serve. Sprinkle with chocolate just before serving.