Vanilla Custard And Chocolate ~Custard and chocolate. Together in a dessert guaranteed to taste sensational. Not just any old pudding, or whipped dessert, but homemade custard! With the chocolate grated over the top the flavor just wows your taste buds asking for more. And the best part is that you choose the brands and level of excellence of the ingredients! The choice is yours! Are you going for the best?
Vanilla Custard And Chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate grated
- Have eggs ready in a small bowl.
- Using a whisk, combine milk, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow milk to heat to the point when tiny bubbles form around edges of pan. Whisk occasionally to prevent clumping.
- Remove milk mixture from heat.
- Mix about 2 tablespoons of scalded milk mixture into eggs using whisk, then introduce eggs into milk mixture in a slow stream, whisking milk mixture constantly
- Return pan to heat and whisk gently until custard thickens, another two or three minutes. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into serving cups and chill in fridge until ready to serve. Sprinkle with chocolate just before serving.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.