Do you ever crave Mexican style food? I seem to get a craving once in a while that just won’t go away. You know, the kind of craving where you can eat something for every day of the week? I am that way about Mexican right now. There aren’t many vegetables I like to eat warm but refried is one I can eat anytime. The fact that most of my Mexican favorites also have loads of melted cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce and cubes of tomato doesn’t stop me either! I have… Well….confession time….. Been on an anti meat kick lately. I know. This born and raised met and potatoes girl is swearing off meat. Since I am so picky about veggies this just blows my family away. So what was the point of all that? These nachos are GREAT!
More nachos can be found with BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package about 1 ounce taco seasoning mix
- 1 can about 15 ounces refried beans
- 5 cups tortilla chips
- 2 cups Pace® Chunky Salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese about 4 ounces
- 1/3 cup sliced jalapeño peppers
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the water and taco seasoning in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the beans according to the package directions.
- Place the chips on a large platter. Layer the beef mixture, beans, salsa, cheese and peppers over the chips. Add a dollop of sour cream.
- You can easily delete the meat or use pork or chicken as you wish.
- If you go meatless you can also delete the tavo seasoning.