Do you ever crave Mexican style food? I seem to get a craving once in a while that just won’t go away. You know, the kind of craving where you can eat something for every day of the week? I am that way about Mexican right now. There aren’t many vegetables I like to eat warm but refried is one I can eat anytime. The fact that most of my Mexican favorites also have loads of melted cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce and cubes of tomato doesn’t stop me either! I have… Well….confession time….. Been on an anti meat kick lately. I know. This born and raised met and potatoes girl is swearing off meat. Since I am so picky about veggies this just blows my family away. So what was the point of all that? These nachos are GREAT!
These Ultimate Nachos are great anytime. They are a hearty and healthy choice for lunch or dinner. A snap to serve while watching TV, playing cards, entertaining or enjoying the BIG GAME.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (about 1 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) refried beans
- 5 cups tortilla chips
- 2 cups Pace® Chunky Salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup sliced jalapeño peppers
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the water and taco seasoning in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the beans according to the package directions.
- Place the chips on a large platter. Layer the beef mixture, beans, salsa, cheese and peppers over the chips. Add a dollop of sour cream.
- You can easily delete the meat or use pork or chicken as you wish.
- If you go meatless you can also delete the tavo seasoning.