I don’t know about you but brunch is my favorite meal. All the food groups are present. First there are breakfast foods involved. Isn’t breakfast supposed to be the most important meal of the day? The second food group is lunch. This is where you get your grains, veggies and healthy fats. The third and last food group happens to be my favorite and I strive to include it every day. Of course I am talking dessert! In this case it is crepes. They aren’t as heavy as pancakes but you can still fill them with such sweet goodness! Custard is a great addition. Top them with nutella, whipped cream, chocolate, caramel, pecans and strawberries. After all you need your daily allowance of fruit. Gotta keep brunch a healthy meal you know! Have any more ideas? Let me know in the comments.
Here are more Mothers Day Brunch Recipes
Here are just a few of the delicious crepe recipes on the blog.
Red Velvet Crepes with Strawberries, Nutella Crepes with Fruit, Turtle Crepes with Custard Cream and of course Strawberry Crepes with Peach Sauce.
Turtle Crepes with Custard Cream
For making crepe:
- 3 1/2 tbsp. flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 th cup Milk
- pinch Salt
- 1/2 tbsp melted Butter
Custard Cream filling :
- 4 Egg yolk
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tbsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup whole Milk
- 3/4 cup whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar for Cream
- caramel syrup
- chocolate syrup
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
- whipped cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- sliced strawberries
- Mix the eggs together with the sugar, vanilla essence and salt in a large bowl. Add the sifted flour.
- Mix until smooth, without lumps.
- Add the milk little by little and melted butter and then mix well.
- Heat the pan over a moderate heat until it is very hot. Brush with little butter.
- Pour a ladle full of batter. Tilt and rotate the pan so that the bottom is completely covered with a thin layer of batter.
- Once it is cooked flip it over to other side till it is set and browned.
- Proceed making with the remaining batter. About 9 crepes.
- Put crepes in fridge for few minutes.
Custard cream filling :
- In a bowl whisk yolks and sugar. Add the vanilla and flour. Whisk again.
- Simmer the whole milk. Now add half of the milk to egg mixture, whisk again for about a minute.
- Stir the egg milk mixture back to the boiling milk and stir them until it thickens.
- Remove from heat, transfer to bowl.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerator until cool.
- Once cool, whip the cream until stiff peaks are formed by adding sugar to it.
- Whisk the cooled custard and fold in to the whipped cream and gently mix.
Assemble the crepes:
- Place the crepe in a plate , add the custard, 2 tbsp of custard cream and gently roll.
- Add a drizzle of chocolate, a drizzle of caramel sauce, chocolate chips and pecans to each crepe.
- Add sprinkle in a handful of sliced crepes
- Just prior to serving add a dollop of whipped cream!
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.