Turkey Ham and Cheese Strata ~Brunch for a crowd? Layer it all in the baking dish the day before serving. Just pop it in the oven for a fuss-free, easy-on-the-host brunch. This is our go to brunch for Christmas morning every year. The veggies are just what your diet needs after all the holiday munching and tasting of cookies, fudge and other goodies. And when you add turkey ham to the fresh eggs and bread this strata goes a long way on keeping you satisfied. What a tasty and colorful dish to serve your family anytime of the day or year. Just be sure to make enough for seconds and leftovers. Preparing it the day before allows you to give yourself the gift of time the day you serve this Turkey Ham and Cheese Strata.
For more ham ideas see How To Use Ham Leftovers
Turkey Ham and Cheese Strata
- 12 slices bread
- 3/4 lb. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 10 oz pkg frozen spinach cooked and drained
- 1 lb turkey ham
- 6 beaten eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 5 Tbs minced green onions with stems
- Cut up bread scraps as for dressing. Put in bottom of 12x9x2 pan. Layer apinach, cheese ( reserve some for top), ham. Put bread circles on top.
- Combine milk, eggs, salt, mustard, and onions (reserve some for top). Pour over pan being certain to cover bread circles.
- Top with paprika and onions as a garnish.
- Put in refrigerator overnight, covered with plastic wrap.
- Bake uncovered, in preheated 325 F oven for about 55 minutes. Add reserved cheese over the top with about 5 minutes left of cooking time.
- Remove and let stand about 10 minutes before cutting.