I have been on a dinner and dessert kick lately so I figured it was time to present a healthy and nutritious meal option for a change. If you are dairy free then skip the cottage cheese. This Tuna Salad in Canteloupe Bowl is not only healthy and nutritious, but is a great choice for a simple luncheon get together with friends. The kiddos will also love this blend of flavors and the soft easy to chew fruits. The culinary treat you taste as the sweet, cold and sour flavors hit your palate at different intervals is like none other. Add some raisins to the tuna salad or if you decide, walnut chips also add a unique texture. A slice or two of avocado adds a burst of color to the presentation.
Here are more Mothers Day Brunch Recipes
Tuna Salad in Canteloupe Bowl
- 4 Tbs Kraft Miracle Whip or light Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise
- 1 stalk cleaned and chopped celery
- 1 Tbs chopped sweet onion
- 3 diced hard boiled eggs
- 2 Tbs drained sweet pickle relish
- 1 grilled pita
- 6 outer lettuce leaves iceberg or romaine
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tuna paked in water drained
- 1 large canteloupe cut with kichen shears/pinking shears, scraped
- 4 oz cottage cheese
- 4 oz drained pineapple chunks
- 4 lettuce leaves chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix together miracle whip, celery, onion, eggs, relish,
- and tuna until well blended.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Chop the lettuce and spread across the plate as a garnish and placemat for the canteloupe.
- Cut melon in half and scrape out the inside until smooth. Place on lettuce.
- Spoon in half the tuna.
- Add cottage cheese and pineapple around the canteloupe bowl.
- Serve immediately.
- *Also goes well with cucumber and avacado.