Triple Chocolate Bread Pudding. This vacation week is making me dig deep to provide easy choices that can be made in a kitchen stocked by someone else. This chocolate bread pudding was an easy delight made with just a few staples and simple kitchen tools. Hope you like it! I haven’t made it with liqueur yet, but did add some mocha ice cream on top! Yummy!
Triple Chocolate Bread Pudding
Triple Chocolate Bread Pudding ~ there is a version for the kids, and a version for adults. Both are delicious!
- 1 -pound loaf French or Italian bread
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Place the bread in the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, and liqueur.
- In another bowl, combine the granulated and brown sugars with the cocoa powder and mix well. Add this to the milk mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts and the cinnamon to the beaten eggs. Combine the egg mixture with the milk mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour the mixture evenly over the bread cubes; let stand, stirring occasionally, for at least 20 minutes, or until the bread has absorbed most of the milk mixture. Bake the pudding for 1 hour, or until set; a knife inserted into the center of the pudding should come out clean. Serving the pudding warm, or refrigerate it and serve chilled.
- Serve it warm or cold, with whipped cream or a dessert sauce.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.