This fruit laden french toast bake is make ahead good, inexpensive and will be loved by everyone! Eat together as a family and enjoy sharing your week with the ones you love. No texting allowed at the table while you enjoy this dish.
Here are more Mothers Day Brunch Recipes
Three Berry French Toast Bake
Yield 12 -16
This fruit laden french toast bake is make ahead good, inexpensive and will be loved by everyone! #frenchtoast #fruit #brunch
- Butter, for greasing
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- One 16-ounce loaf challah bread, torn or cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- Powdered sugar and maple syrup, for serving
- Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest, vanilla and salt. The batter will be slightly lumpy from the cream cheese.
- Add bread to the buttered baking dish and pour egg mixture over the top. Press the bread down to make sure it’s fully absorbing the liquid. Stir in the blueberries, raspberies and strawberries. Cover with foil. Refrigerate at least two hours or overnight.
- Remove the casserole from the fridge and sit at room temperature for 25 minutes before baking. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes more. Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar and serve with lots of maple syrup.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 148 mg
Sodium 517 mg
Total Carbohydrates 46 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 13 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.