This fruit laden french toast bake is make ahead good, inexpensive and will be loved by everyone! Eat together as a family and enjoy sharing your week with the ones you love. No texting allowed at the table while you enjoy this dish.
Three Berry French Toast Bake
- Butter for greasing
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- One 16-ounce loaf challah bread torn or cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- Powdered sugar and maple syrup for serving
- Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest, vanilla and salt. The batter will be slightly lumpy from the cream cheese.
- Add bread to the buttered baking dish and pour egg mixture over the top. Press the bread down to make sure it’s fully absorbing the liquid. Stir in the blueberries, raspberies and strawberries. Cover with foil. Refrigerate at least two hours or overnight.
- Remove the casserole from the fridge and sit at room temperature for 25 minutes before baking. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes more. Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar and serve with lots of maple syrup.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.