I want to apologize to anyone that doesn’t know what a Tagalong is. It is the best Girl Scout cookie in the whole lot. A cookie bottom that is topped with a mount of peanut butter and then covered in a milk chocolate layer of goodness. My granddaughter is a scout this year and I confess, I made sure to have enough to last until next year. I love these tagalongs almost as much as the thin mint wafer cookies they sell. But I digress. This creamy and light peanut butter cheesecake filling sits on an oreo cookie crust. The broken tagalongs are mixed into the filling. Shaved chocolate and left oreo cookie crumbs are then sprinkled on top to complete this confection. There is nothing better if you want a lightly flavored peanut butter and chocolate treat to satisfy that urge. Enjoy. Instead of premade crust substitute my No Bake Oreo Cookie Crust.
Want to see other versions of this combo in cheesecake? See these recipes. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake or Tagalong Cheesecake or Peanut Butter Cup No Bake Oreo Cheesecake And lastly Reeses Peanut Butter Cheesecake!
My Tip Friday, 6 Tips To A Perfect Cheesecake Experience will guide you to that perfect cheesecake outcome!
Tagalong Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 1 box tag along cookies crush
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 each egg yolks *
- ⅓ cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups peanut butter
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate shaved
- oreo pie crust or Recipe optional save a few spoons for the top.
- Preheat oven to 425℉ (220℃).
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, flour, whole eggs, egg yolks, cream and vanilla and peanut butter
- Beat until very smooth, scraping sides frequently. Add crushed tagalongs and mix by hand until blended.
- Pour filling over cookie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425℉ (220℃).
- Reduce oven temperature to 225 F and bake for 50 minutes.
- Increase temperature to 350℉ (180℃) and bake for 7 minutes.
- Shave cold chocolate and sprinkle on top. Sprinkle a bit of crushed cookie as a garnish.
- Place hot cake in refrigerator to cool overnight.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.