I want to apologize to anyone that doesn’t know what a Tagalong is. It is the best Girl Scout cookie in the whole lot. A cookie bottom that is topped with a mount of peanut butter and then covered in a milk chocolate layer of goodness. My granddaughter is a scout this year and I confess, I made sure to have enough to last until next year. I love these tagalongs almost as much as the thin mint wafer cookies they sell. But I digress. This creamy and light peanut butter cheesecake filling sits on an oreo cookie crust. The broken tagalongs are mixed into the filling. Shaved chocolate and left oreo cookie crumbs are then sprinkled on top to complete this confection. There is nothing better if you want a lightly flavored peanut butter and chocolate treat to satisfy that urge. Enjoy. Instead of premade crust substitute my No Bake Oreo Cookie Crust.
Want to see other versions of this combo in cheesecake? See these recipes. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake or Tagalong Cheesecake or Peanut Butter Cup No Bake Oreo Cheesecake And lastly Reeses Peanut Butter Cheesecake!
Tagalong Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Yield 10 Slices
This creamy and light peanut butter cheesecake filling sits on an oreo cookie crust. The broken tagalongs are mixed into the filling. Shaved chocolate and left oreo cookie crumbs are then sprinkled on top to complete this confection.
- 1 box tag along cookies, crush
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 each egg yolks *
- ⅓ cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups peanut butter
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, shaved
- oreo pie crust or Recipe (optional save a few spoons for the top.)
- Preheat oven to 425℉ (220℃).
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, flour, whole eggs, egg yolks, cream and vanilla and peanut butter
- Beat until very smooth, scraping sides frequently. Add crushed tagalongs and mix by hand until blended.
- Pour filling over cookie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425℉ (220℃).
- Reduce oven temperature to 225 F and bake for 50 minutes.
- Increase temperature to 350℉ (180℃) and bake for 7 minutes.
- Place hot cake in refrigerator to cool overnight.
- Shave cold chocolate and sprinkle on top. Sprinkle a bit of crushed cookie as a garnish.
Use my No Bake Oreo Cookie Crust from scratch
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 26 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 350 mg
Total Carbohydrates 49 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 37 g
Protein 6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.