Making Bark is so easy, especially once you figure out how to handle combining everything to look as pretty in reality as it is in your idea. At the holiday I bought enough food to bake for three holidays! I have ample cupboard space but not when you consider baking isn’t the only cooking going on in the kitchen. Having more than one cook in the home also limits space. This two layer bark was a snap once I decided to let it congeal on a foil lined counter. I put it covered in the garage over night to get it hard enough to break up. Combining an Andes Mint Chocolate bottom with a white chocolate top was a great idea. The bottom layer stayed soft a few hours longer than I thought it would. This pretty little bark was a hit at the last family gathering at Christmas. The Andes mint taste combined with the white chocolate was so delicious I am dreaming of an encore! St Paddy’s perhaps? For more romantic recipes see my Red Velvet Sweetheart Collection!
The Andes mint taste of this Sweetheart Bark combined with the white chocolate was so delicious I am dreaming of an encore! St Paddy's perhaps?
- 1 10 oz bag Andes baking chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegeatble oil
- 8 oz white bark coating (I found it at Kroger in the baking aisle)
- red m&ms, sprinkles, conversation candy hearts, mini marshmallows or anything you'd like to decorate with.
- Melt the Andes chips and chocolate chips together with 1 tsp vegetable oil using the method of your choice. Let it cool for a few minutes, until it is just about room temperature. I used the microwave. It took 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spread over layer of wax paper as thick or thin as you'd like and let sit until completely hardened, about 10 minutes. You may place it in the refrigerator to speed up this process.
- Melt the white candy bark according to package directions. Again, it took 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave, strring every 30 seconds. Let it cool for a couple minutes before spreading. I waited 10 minutes.
- Spread over the hardened chocolate. Use a spatula to spread/smooth it out.
- Sprinkle m&ms, mini marshmallows, conversation candy hearts or sprinkles and sprinkle over the top and let it harden. Over night is best.
- Break or cut into bite-sized pieces.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 20 mg
Total Carbohydrates 22 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.