This time of year a delicious, healthy and fast meal is welcome anytime. Serve something out of the ordinary to your family and listen to the praise for the cook! Most crusty breadings are just that. Bread or pretzels or a white grain. This sweet potato brings your dish into a healthier arena. Serve this flounder, or any fish of your choice tonight. Add a few seasonal spiraled steamed veggies plain or in a sauce and a good meal will be on your table in under 45 minutes.
Find my Grilled Pork and Sweet Potato Kabobs too.
Sweet Potato Crusted Flounder
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 6 ounce flounder filets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon style mustard
- 1 lemon quartered
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 30 minutes, cool and mash. Add the salt, pepper and mustard and mix well. Place the flounder in a square baking dish and coat with the sweet potato mixture. Broil the fish for 15 minutes or until the potato crust is browned. Garnish with lemon and parsley.