Sweet Potato Bisque- This is another of my favorite ways to have veggies incorporated into a meal. This smooth and buttery bisque is a flavorful way to get the kids to enjoy veggies. When topped with a dollop of sour cream there is a delicious mix of textures and the taste tantalizes your taste buds.
Sweet Potato Bisque
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Med Vidalia onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 Knob ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Pinch Kosher salt
- 1 Pinch Freshly Ground black pepper
- 1 MedMed chipotle pepper, canned in adobo sauce
- 4 C chicken broth
- 1 1/4 C apple cider
- 2 Lg sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 C heavy whipping cream
- 6 Tbs Sour cream, for serving, optional
- Add the butter to a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter melts and becomes foamy, add the garlic, onions and ginger and saute until tender and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the chipotle pepper and saute for 1 minute longer while breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chicken broth, apple cider and sweet potatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender until smooth and velvety. Finish by stirring in the heavy cream. Top each bowl with sour cream if using.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.