This is another of my favorite ways to have veggies incorporated into a meal. This smooth and buttery bisque is a flavorful way to get the kids to enjoy veggies. When topped with a dollop of sour cream there is a delicious mix of textures and the taste tantalizes your taste buds.
Sweet Potato Bisque
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Med Vidalia onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 Knob ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Pinch Kosher salt
- 1 Pinch Freshly Ground black pepper
- 1 MedMed chipotle pepper, canned in adobo sauce
- 4 C chicken broth
- 1 1/4 C apple cider
- 2 Lg sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 C heavy whipping cream
- 6 Tbs Sour cream, for serving, optional
- Add the butter to a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter melts and becomes foamy, add the garlic, onions and ginger and saute until tender and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the chipotle pepper and saute for 1 minute longer while breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chicken broth, apple cider and sweet potatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender until smooth and velvety. Finish by stirring in the heavy cream. Top each bowl with sour cream if using.