Still have company coming? Try this Peppermint Pie made with YORK Sugar Free Patties for an option of something sweet, yet keeping with the resolution of eating better. This recipe keeps the diabetic in mind while keeping the taste of its more sugar and fat laden better known choice. You will be surprised how rich and good this pie is even without all the added calories.
For more pie recipes here are 10 Pies for Pi Day
Still have company coming? Try this Peppermint Pie made with YORK Sugar Free Patties for an option of something sweet.
- 1-3/4 cups sugar free cookie crumbs about 20 cookies
- 3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/4 cup granular form sucralose**
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 8 one 3.3-oz. bag YORK Sugar Free Peppermint Patties
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1 tub 8 oz. frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed*
- Additional whipped topping optional
- Additional YORK Sugar Free Peppermint Patties optional
Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together cookie crumbs, cocoa and sucralose in medium bowl. Blend in butter, mixing well.
Press crumb mixture evenly on bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 8 minutes; cool.
Remove wrappers from peppermint patties; cut into pieces. Place candy, milk and cocoa in medium microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM, 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until candy is melted and smooth when stirred. Cool slightly.
Fold whipped topping into melted mixture; spoon into prepared crust. Cover; freeze 6 to 8 hours or until firm. (Pie will not freeze completely.) Garnish with additional whipped topping and peppermint pattie pieces, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
*NOTE: Do not use "extra creamy" or "light" whipped topping.**Such as Splenda, an artificial sweetenerRecipe Source: Hershey
s©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.