Sugar Free Strawberry Jam ~This recipe is very quick and easy. Ready in just 45 minutes! Unlike most diabetic recipes, this one is very tasty. Not just great on bread or muffins, but also use it in Greek Yogurt, as a topping on ice cream, on a Monte Christo sandwich! There is no limit other than your imagination for the many uses of this healthy spread.
Sugar Free Strawberry Jam
- 3 cups prepared strawberries buy about 3 pt. fully ripe strawberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 box SURE-JELL For Less or No Sugar Needed Recipes Premium Fruit Pectin
- 1/2 cup granular no-calorie sweetener or 12 no-calorie sweetener packets
- Bring boiling-water canner, half full with water, to simmer. Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain jars well before filling.
- Stem and crush strawberries thoroughly, one layer at a time. Measure exactly 3 cups prepared fruit into 6- or 8-quart saucepot. Stir in water. Gradually add pectin, stirring until well blended.
- Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in granulated sweetener or no-calorie sweetener packets. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with 2-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.) Cover; bring water to gentle boil. Process 10 minutes. Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.)
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.