Strawberry Rhubarb Pie ~A refreshing treat overflowing with chunks of tangy rhubarb and fresh strawberries. This pie is one of my husbands favorites and he almost always chooses this one over any other if he gets the chance. Home grown rhubarb and fresh strawberries and a whole lot of lovin’ went along with this pie. I’m not saying where that lovin’ entered upinto this recipe. You can add that on your own!Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with chunks of tangy rhubarb and fresh strawberries. Click To Tweet
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
A refreshing treat overflowing with chunks of tangy rhubarb and fresh strawberries. This pie is one of my husbands favorites. Homegrown rhubarb and strawberries are key in this pie.
- 2 cups sliced rhubarb
- 2 cups halved strawberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup MINUTE Tapioca
- 1 pkg. (14.1 oz.) ready-to-use refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- COMBINE first 4 ingredients. Let stand 15 min.
- LINE 9-inch pie plate with 1 crust as directed on package for two-crust pie; fill with fruit mixture. Dot with butter. Cover with remaining crust; seal and flute edge. Cut several slits in top crust to permit steam to escape.
- BAKE 45 min. or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly.
**HOW TO MAKE LATTICE-TOP CRUST optionalCut second pie crust into 10 (1/2-inch-wide) strips with pastry wheel or knife. Place 5 of the strips over filling. Weave lattice crust with remaining strips by folding back alternate strips as each cross-strip is added. Fold trimmed edge of lower crust over ends of strips. Seal and flute edge.© MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.