Strawberry Rhubarb Pie ~A refreshing treat overflowing with chunks of tangy rhubarb and fresh strawberries. This pie is one of my husbands favorites and he almost always chooses this one over any other if he gets the chance. Home grown rhubarb and fresh strawberries and a whole lot of lovin’ went along with this pie. I’m not saying where that lovin’ entered upinto this recipe. You can add that on your own!
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- 2 cups sliced rhubarb
- 2 cups halved strawberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup MINUTE Tapioca
- 1 pkg. 14.1 oz. ready-to-use refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- COMBINE first 4 ingredients. Let stand 15 min.
- LINE 9-inch pie plate with 1 crust as directed on package for two-crust pie; fill with fruit mixture. Dot with butter. Cover with remaining crust; seal and flute edge. Cut several slits in top crust to permit steam to escape.
- BAKE 45 min. or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.