Strawberry Mousse Filled Chocolate Cake ~A cake so easy to make that it will make your guests think you slaved all say in the kitchen. So delicious they will ask for seconds!
Strawberry Mousse Filled Chocolate Cake
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 1 ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/8 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 cup strawberries stems removed
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream whipped
- 1 cup chocolate shaved
- 12 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour one 9 inch round pan. In a small pan melt the butter or margarine with the unsweetened chocolate. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cream together the sugar and the eggs. Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs beating well. Add 1 cup warm and blend well. Mixture will be very liquidy.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this mixture to the chocolate mixture and blend well.stir the milk into the chocolate batter.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Slice cake horizontally in half.
For the mousse:
- In a food processor, puree strawberries with lemon juice and sugar.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream until it is stiff.
- In another mixing bowl beat egg whites with salt until stiff. fold egg whites into cream mixture. divide cream mixture in half and mix berries into half to form the filling.
- Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate then top with strawberry mousse and top cake layer. cover top with a smooth layer of white mousse then garnish with whipped cream, chocolate shavings and maraschino cherries.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.