Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread ~I saw this recipe for Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread and I immediately knew I would be making it. The strawberries in the garden are just starting to get ripe and sweet and I have some cream cheese in the refrigerator that needs to be used up. I am seeing my sister this weekend and I am going to take her a nice warm loaf. Don’t you just love when someone stops by with a great homemade item still warm from the oven?
Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries chopped
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and cream cheese.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Slowly add in eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, blend together flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Slowly mix together flour mixture and cream cheese mixture, just until combined.
- Add in buttermilk and stir just until combined.
- Carefully fold in strawberries.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from pan and slicing.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.