Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread ~I saw this recipe for Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread and I immediately knew I would be making it. The strawberries in the garden are just starting to get ripe and sweet and I have some cream cheese in the refrigerator that needs to be used up. I am seeing my sister this weekend and I am going to take her a nice warm loaf. Don’t you just love when someone stops by with a great homemade item still warm from the oven?Need to use fresh strawberries from the garden? Make this for the family and let them eat breadClick To Tweet
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and cream cheese.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Slowly add in eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, blend together flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Slowly mix together flour mixture and cream cheese mixture, just until combined.
- Add in buttermilk and stir just until combined.
- Carefully fold in strawberries.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from pan and slicing.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.