Great for cocktail hour, get together, or pre BBQ. This hot and spicy shrimp is tempered with a sweet and sour sauce. Wrapped within a bed of wontons and you have a crunchy snack you can enjoy while drinking a cold brew or refreshing cocktail. This one is definitely not for the kids! #sriracha #shrimp #appetizer
Stir Fried Garlic and Sriracha Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 medium cloves garlic minced (about 4 teaspoons)
- 1 small shallot minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 pound large shrimp shelled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup wontons
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, Sriracha, and sugar and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large wok over high heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and shallots and stir-fry until the garlic just begins to brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the shrimp to the wok and cook and toss just until the shrimp begins to turn pink on all sides, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Swirl the Sriracha mixture into the wok and toss to combine. Season with salt and black pepper. Continue cooking until the shrimp are coated in the sauce and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Transfer the shrimp to a platter, garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.