Great for cocktail hour, get together, or pre BBQ. This hot and spicy shrimp is tempered with a sweet and sour sauce. Wrapped within a bed of wontons and you have a crunchy snack you can enjoy while drinking a cold brew or refreshing cocktail. This one is definitely not for the kids! #sriracha #shrimp #appetizer
Have shrimp on your mind? Try this Spinach Salad with Crab Cake and Grilled Shrimp
Stir Fried Garlic and Sriracha Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 medium cloves garlic minced (about 4 teaspoons)
- 1 small shallot minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 pound large shrimp shelled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup wontons
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, Sriracha, and sugar and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large wok over high heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and shallots and stir-fry until the garlic just begins to brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the shrimp to the wok and cook and toss just until the shrimp begins to turn pink on all sides, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Swirl the Sriracha mixture into the wok and toss to combine. Season with salt and black pepper. Continue cooking until the shrimp are coated in the sauce and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Transfer the shrimp to a platter, garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.