Whose favorite candy bars doesn’t include Snickers? Pair it with a creamy and light peanut butter cheesecake and you will be asking for seconds. I believe that cheesecake is the most perfect dessert in the world. I have made so many varieties and it seems each combination is better than the one that came before. I could be biased but assume for the moment I am on to something here. Now, enter into this perfect world a totally tried and true combination. Take this cheesecake and add peanut butter and chocolate. Now top it off with ground up snickers bars and grab a fork. Can we call this one PMS Cheesecake?
Bonus: if you don’t stock condensed milk or your local store doesn’t carry it you can see my recipe for How to Make Condensed Milk.
6 Tips To A Perfect Cheesecake Experience will guide you to that perfect cheesecake outcome!
Snickers Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 30 Oreo cookies
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 fun size snickers chopped
- 5-6 fun size snickers chopped
- Salted Caramel Sauce
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Wrap the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the cookies and salt until they are into fine crumbs. Transfer to a medium bowl and add in the melted butter. Mix with a fork until crumbs are moist and together. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared springform pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is set. Let cool while you prepare filling.
To make filling:
- Beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar on medium-high speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low and add in the condensed milk. Mix until combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add in the vanilla and salt and beat for an additional minute. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the snickers by hand into the batter.
- Pour into the cooled crust and smooth the top. Gently give the pan a tap to release any air bubbles. Place the springform pan into a roasting pan with hot water; making sure the water comes halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 60- 70 minutes or until the center is just set. Allow to cool for at least an hour before running a knife through the edges of the pan and removing the sides of the pan. Continue to cool before refrigerating 3-4 hours before serving.
- To serve, top with chopped snickers and drizzle homemade with salted caramel sauce.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.