Snickers Birthday Cake ~I love this recipe because it looks so elegant yet it is easy to make. Chocolate cake, whipped cream, peanuts, frosting and mini snickers bars are such a classic and tasty combination. My son blessed me by waiting 2 hours to be born on Halloween instead of Devil’s Eve. What a wild ride to the hospital. I was only in labor 45 minutes since he was child #2. A month early, he weighed 9’7 since I was a gestational diabetic. Happy Birthday my precious son!
Snickers Birthday Cake Single Layer
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate Frosting recipe follows
- Whipped cream for topping, optional
- 8 oz jar of peanuts I used salt free, optional
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 2.07-ounce snickers candy bars cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9-inch baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Spread chocolate frosting over hot cake. Let cool completely. Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream, if desired.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add cocoa, buttermilk and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Stir in candy bars and allow to melt. Stir in remaining confectioners' sugar and immediately spread over hot cake.