Snickers Birthday Cake ~I love this recipe because it looks so elegant yet it is easy to make. Chocolate cake, whipped cream, peanuts, frosting and mini snickers bars are such a classic and tasty combination. My son blessed me by waiting 2 hours to be born on Halloween instead of Devil’s Eve. What a wild ride to the hospital. I was only in labor 45 minutes since he was child #2. A month early, he weighed 9’7 since I was a gestational diabetic. After I delivered, my Dr. Thought he was twins! In those days they didn’t do ultrasounds. I am so glad not to have had two huge babies! Happy Birthday my precious son!
Snickers Birthday Cake Single Layer
Chocolate cake, whipped cream, peanuts, frosting and mini snickers bars are such a classic and tasty combination.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate Frosting, recipe follows
- Whipped cream, for topping, optional
- 8 oz jar of peanuts ( I used salt free), optional
- Chocolate Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 (2.07-ounce) snickers candy bars cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9-inch baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Spread chocolate frosting over hot cake. Let cool completely. Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream, if desired.
- Chocolate Frosting:
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add cocoa, buttermilk and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Stir in candy bars and allow to melt. Stir in remaining confectioners' sugar and immediately spread over hot cake.
*Spread cool whip into top center of cake. Then you can frost the chocolate thicker.
*Pipe a ribbon of frosting areound base and top of cake for decoration.
*Press peanuts into frosting along the side of the cake if desired. They give that salty sweet flavor that is so good!
MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.