This no rise soda bread is the bomb!! While my Corned Beef and Cabbage slow cooked in the pot I took advantage of my second slow cooker being out and made this dough. Both dishes were done at the same time. While grandpa picked up the birthday girl at the bus stop I had enough time to cool the brownies she requested. I used some leftover white chocolate chips and some peanut butter chips to sprinkle on top. With all this deliciousness and aromas, no one noticed we forgot the #9 birthday candle. Thanks to my daughter-in-law working together with me to get the dinner done on time. Happy Birthday my grown up grand.
Slow Cooker Irish Soda Bread with Raisins
- 1 egg
- 1 container 16 oz. BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3-3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Mix egg, sour cream, butter and sugar until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add sour cream mixture and raisins; stir just until mixture forms soft dough. Place on lightly floured board; knead 10 times or just until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. (Do not overmix.)
- Shape dough into ball; place in 4-qt. slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray. Use sharp knife to cut 1/4-inch-deep "x" in top of dough. Cover with lid.
- Cook on HIGH 2-3/4 to 3 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn off slow cooker; remove lid. Let bread stand 10 min. Run knife around edge of slow cooker to loosen bread; transfer bread to wire rack. Cool slightly.
- Slice and serve.