Want a healthy easy and fresh way to make chili? Try this slow cooker version featuring Black Beans and Sweet Potatoes. Let this chili simmer and marinate all day long. The aroma wafting from your kitchen will drive your family crazy! You can even start your cooker the night before on low. The longer it cooks, the thicker it gets. I didn’t drain the beans before I added them and felt it was a bit to watery. Next time I will drain them. Let me know what you find when you make this chili. We topped our servings with some grated cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!
To make your chili all you want it to be see Tip Friday 911
Slow Cooker Black Bean Sweet Potato Chili
- 2 large dark-orange sweet potatoes 1 1/2 lb, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 3 large onions chopped (3 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 can 28 oz Muir Glen™ organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can 16 oz refried black beans
- 1 can 15 oz Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth from 32-oz carton
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Shredded cheese if desired
- Sour cream if desired
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, chili powder, cumin, tomatoes, refried beans, black beans and broth.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours (or on High heat setting 3 hours 30 minutes to 4 hours).
- Before serving, stir in vinegar. Serve chili with cheese and sour cream.