Seafood Fettuccine ~An assortment of Littleneck Clams, mussels, and jumbo shrimp sautéed in a spicy broth. Finished with fettuccine pasta, spinach and cherry tomatoes. This dish is very easy to prepare which surprised me. I have never made mussels before and never knew what to do with them. Seafood is great to eat and this dish is very healthy. I really enjoyed all the flavors and aromas involved and you will too. Can you get fresh seafood near you? Have you ever made a seafood stew? Let me know in the comments below!
An assortment of Littleneck Clams, mussels, and jumbo shrimp sautéed in a spicy broth. Finished with fettuccine pasta, spinach and cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 24 small Littleneck clams (about 2 1/2 pounds total), scrubbed
- 24 mussels (about 1 1/2 pounds total), debearded
- 20 large shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled, deveined, butterflied
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Warm crusty bread
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Heat the oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, bay leaf, and crushed red pepper.
- Saute until the garlic is tender, about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil. Add the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer. Simmer until the tomatoes begin to break down and the flavors blend, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the clams. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mussels. Cover and cook until the clams and mussels open, about 5 minutes longer.
- Using a tongs, transfer the opened shellfish to serving bowls (discard any shellfish that do not open).
- Add the shrimp and basil to the simmering broth. Simmer until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Divide the shrimp and tomato broth among the bowls.
- Add the spinach, cherry tomatoes and lemon.
- Serve with the warm bread.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 58 g
Cholesterol 268 mg
Sodium 870 mg
Total Carbohydrates 46 g
Protein 40 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.