Sautéed Zucchini Coins ~Instead of breaded and fried, these sautéed zucchini coins are lightly sauteed and tossed with herbs. This reduced-fat version also features olive oil, which is mainly monounsaturated fat.
Sauteed Zucchini Coins
Sauteed Zucchini Coins ~Dietitian's tip: Instead of breaded and fried, these sautéed zucchini coins are lightly sautéed and tossed with herbs. This reduced-fat version also features olive oil, which is mainly monounsaturated fat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow zucchini
- 2 cups thinly sliced green zucchini
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large, nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini slices and saute until their colors intensify, about 5 minutes. Add the dill, cilantro and scallions and stir until evenly mixed. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving:Serving size :about 1 cupTotal carbohydrate 5 gDietary fiber 1 gSodium 12 mgSaturated fat traceTotal fat 4 gCholesterol 0 mgProtein 2 gMonounsaturated fat 2.5 gCalories 65Information provided by Mayo Clinic