Sautéed Zucchini Coins ~Instead of breaded and fried, these sautéed zucchini coins are lightly sauteed and tossed with herbs. This reduced-fat version also features olive oil, which is mainly monounsaturated fat. Zucchini is a great side for almost any meal. It is great as part of a veggie meal too! My family loves zucchini straight from the garden. We never get tired of finding ways to incorporate zucchini in our meals.
If you need some more sides for your meal try these tried and true recipes! Green Bean Casserole, Garlic Vegetable Sautee, Sauteed Zucchini Coins, or these Cheddar Smashed Potatoes like Grandma used to make.
Sauteed Zucchini Coins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups yellow zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 cups green zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large, nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini slices and saute until their colors intensify, about 5 minutes.
- Add the dill, cilantro and scallions and stir until evenly mixed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve immediately.