Sautéed Zucchini Coins ~Instead of breaded and fried, these sautéed zucchini coins are lightly sauteed and tossed with herbs. This reduced-fat version also features olive oil, which is mainly monounsaturated fat. Zucchini is a great side for almost any meal. It is great as part of a veggie meal too! My family loves zucchini straight from the garden. We never get tired of finding ways to incorporate zucchini in our meals.
Sauteed Zucchini Coins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups yellow zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 cups green zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large, nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini slices and saute until their colors intensify, about 5 minutes.
- Add the dill, cilantro and scallions and stir until evenly mixed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.