Sautéed Zucchini Coins ~Instead of breaded and fried, these sautéed zucchini coins are lightly sauteed and tossed with herbs. This reduced-fat version also features olive oil, which is mainly monounsaturated fat.
Sauteed Zucchini Coins
Sauteed Zucchini Coins ~Dietitian's tip: Instead of breaded and fried, these sautéed zucchini coins are lightly sautéed and tossed with herbs. This reduced-fat version also features olive oil, which is mainly monounsaturated fat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow zucchini
- 2 cups thinly sliced green zucchini
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large, nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini slices and saute until their colors intensify, about 5 minutes.
- Add the dill, cilantro and scallions and stir until evenly mixed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve immediately.
Information provided by Mayo Clinic
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Sodium 12 mg
Total Carbohydrates 5 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Protein 2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.