Sautéed Zucchini Coins ~Instead of breaded and fried, these sautéed zucchini coins are lightly sauteed and tossed with herbs. This reduced-fat version also features olive oil, which is mainly monounsaturated fat. Zucchini is a great side for almost any meal. It is great as part of a veggie meal too! My family loves zucchini straight from the garden. We never get tired of finding ways to incorporate zucchini in our meals.
Sauteed Zucchini Coins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups yellow zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 cups green zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large, nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini slices and saute until their colors intensify, about 5 minutes.
- Add the dill, cilantro and scallions and stir until evenly mixed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve immediately.