Sausage and Hash Brown Cheddar Casserole ~An easy overnight breakfast casserole that can be made in your slow cooker or on the stove. It is filled with layers of hash browns, cheese, and breakfast sausage. All of the family will love this spruced up taste of cheddar cheese and sausage blended with your favorite scrambled eggs. This easy layered casserole is ready to feed the entire group at the same time allowing YOU to have a got meal too! Another great breakfast is Meat Lovers Hash Brown Casserole.
Sausage, Hash Brown and Cheddar Casserole
- 32 ounces frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 16 ounces breakfast sausage cooked and crumbled
- 6 green onions finely chopped
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Spray oil in a skillet for stove top cooking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the hash brown, sausage and cheese layers in skillet.
- Layer ⅓ of the hashbrowns on the bottom, then season with salt and pepper. Top with ⅓ of the cooked sausage, then ⅓ each of the green onions and cheddar cheese. Repeat the layers two more times, ending with the cheese.
- if cooking on stove check after 25-30 minutes for doneness. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.