Sausage and Hash Brown Cheddar Casserole ~An easy overnight breakfast casserole that can be made in your slow cooker with layers of hash browns, cheese, and breakfast sausage. All of the family will love this spruced up taste of cheddar cheese and sausage blended with your favorite scrambled eggs. This easy layered casserole is ready to feed the entire group at the same time allowing YOU to have a got meal too!
Sausage, Hash Brown and Cheddar Casserole
Sausage, Hash Brown and Cheddar Casserole that can be made in your slow cooker with layers of hash browns, cheese, and breakfast sausage.
- 32 ounces frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 16 ounces breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Additional salt and pepper to season the hash brown layers
- Grease the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer ⅓ of the hashbrowns on the bottom, then season with salt and pepper. Top with ⅓ of the cooked sausage, then ⅓ each of the green onions and cheddar cheese. Repeat the layers two more times, ending with the cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the hash brown, sausage and cheese layers in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (the edges will brown). Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Recipe adapted from Seeded at the Table and Brown Eyed Baker)