Want a no fail stuffing made outside the bird that is guaranteed to stay moist no matter how many times you reheat it? Well, it does exist and this is it! Just 5 ingredients! This very HEART HEALTHY dish has been in my sister’s family for 60 years and since I was introduced to it nothing I have tried since can compare. It is not salty and easy to prepare. You can turn the longest task into a game and have the kids help tear up the bread into cubes. Day old bread works the best. The best part is, you can double or triple the recipe to ensure you get leftovers to use with the turkey again tomorrow! You NEED to give this recipe a try! Please also check out my Turkey Guide 101 and Bourbon and Cola Marinade.
Sam's Sausage Stuffing
- 1/2 pound turkey sausage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 16-ounce light wheat bread toasted and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth warmed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet over high heat, cook sausage, celery, and onion for 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink.
- In a large bowl, combine bread, sausage mixture, poultry seasoning and hot broth. Toss gently until just mixed.
- Spoon into casserole dish, cover, and heat 20 minutes. Remove cover and heat for an additional 10 minutes or until crispy on top and heated through.