Salmon with White Wine Cream Sauce ~ salmon is such a heart healthy that you can’t go wrong preparing it when it is on sale. Baked with unsalted butter and flour this meal is very quick to prepare. With the addition of the white wine cream sauce, the salmon remains moist and flaky. Steamed asparagus and a baked potato round out the entire meal. Add a nice salad and you are ready to serve.
Salmon with White Wine Cream Sauce
- 1 1½-pound salmon fillet, skin removed
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place the salmon fillet on a rimmed baking sheet, and season with salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in the flour, cooking for 1 minute, then stir in the wine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Break the salmon into large chunks, and serve topped with the sauce.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.