This recipe is a great take variation on a traditional cookie. Your family will love the surprise in the middle of this cookie. Take your sugar cookie dough, roll it into cinnamon sugar then stuff with a rolo candy. #snickerdoodle #caramel #cookie
Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodles
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 48 Rolo candies
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, shortening, sugar and eggs.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, flatten in your palm, place a Rolo in the middle and form a ball around it.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until lightly browned, but still soft.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.