This recipe is a great take variation on a traditional cookie. Your family will love the surprise in the middle of this cookie. Take your sugar cookie dough, roll it into cinnamon sugar then stuff with a rolo candy. #snickerdoodle #caramel #cookie
Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodles
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 48 Rolo candies
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, shortening, sugar and eggs.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, flatten in your palm, place a Rolo in the middle and form a ball around it.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until lightly browned, but still soft.