Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats ~This is a kicked up version of peanut butter rice krispie treats. They are classic rice krispie’s topped with a layer of Reese’s peanut butter cups, peanut butter and chopped peanuts. The mother load of all rice krispie treats. I had to make these. Man were they good. I mean seriously good. Good, good, good !!!
- 8 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 bag (10.5 oz.) mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- 2 cups (about a 15 oz. jar) creamy peanut butter
- 1 (12 oz.) bag mini peanut butter cups, quartered
- 1½ cups semi-sweet (or milk) chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted peanuts, optional
- Grease a 9x13" pan and set aside.
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl and set aside. Melt the marshmallows and butter together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the vanilla and salt. Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the cereal and (quickly) mix well. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and use a buttered piece of wax paper to press evenly into the pan. Sprinkle the quartered peanut butter cups evenly over the treats.
- In the microwave, melt the peanut butter until thin, about 45-60 seconds. Stir and cool slightly. Pour the peanut butter evenly over the treats. Use the back of a spoon to gently spread, if necessary.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate across the top of the treats. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if using. Place the pan in the refrigerator to set before cutting and serving.