Traditional french toast is always a great meal and quick to make. Turn a lazy weekend morning into a family get together with this tasty Red, White and French Toast breakfast. Imagine all your loved ones gathered around the table laughing and sharing stories from their week. Priceless! #berries #frenchtoast #breakfast
Red White and Blue French Toast
- 6 thick slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- salt to taste
- blueberres and strawberries to garnish
- whipped cream optional
- Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden. Serve hot.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.