Red White and Blue French Toast
Traditional French Toast is always a great breakfast on a lazy weekend morning. Add some seasonal berries for color and taste. A nice dollop of whipped cream completes the dish. Stand back and hear the excitement and delight coming from around the table! #berries #frenchtoast #breakfast
- 6 thick slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- salt to taste
- blueberres and strawberries to garnish
- whipped cream (optional)
- Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden. Serve hot.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6.4 g
Cholesterol 128 mg
Sodium 478 mg
Total Carbohydrates 33.6 g
Protein 10.6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.