Red Velvet Pancakes with Strawberries will treat your family to a special breakfast with these red velvet tinted pancakes. Serve with your choice of a sweet Whipped CreamTopping or fresh strawberries. I just couldn’t wait for the pick your own strawberries to come in, so we picked up some large and plump ripe strawberries at our local food market and I came home and washed them. I was torn between a nice strawberry shortcake, pie, or these delicious red pancakes for a nice brunch. Don’t worry, I bought enough to make the shortcake, pie, and even some ice cream. I am in strawberry heaven!For more romantic recipes see my Red Velvet Sweetheart Collection!
Red Velvet Pancakes with Strawberries
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Red Food Color
- Mix pancake mix, cocoa powder and granulated sugar in large bowl until well blended. Stir in buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and food color just until blended.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto preheated lightly greased griddle or skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown, turning when pancakes begin to bubble. Serve pancakes with Whipped Cream Topping or Fresh strawberries, if desired. I drizzled a bit of chocolate syrup just because I could!
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.