Red Velvet Pancakes with Strawberries will treat your family to a special breakfast with these red velvet tinted pancakes. Serve with your choice of a sweet Whipped CreamTopping or fresh strawberries. I just couldn’t wait for the pick your own strawberries to come in, so we picked up some large and plump ripe strawberries at our local food market and I came home and washed them. I was torn between a nice strawberry shortcake, pie, or these delicious red pancakes for a nice brunch. Don’t worry, I bought enough to make the shortcake, pie, and even some ice cream. I am in strawberry heaven!For more romantic recipes see my Red Velvet Sweetheart Collection!
Red Velvet Pancakes with Strawberries
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Red Food Color
- Mix pancake mix, cocoa powder and granulated sugar in large bowl until well blended. Stir in buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and food color just until blended.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto preheated lightly greased griddle or skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown, turning when pancakes begin to bubble. Serve pancakes with Whipped Cream Topping or Fresh strawberries, if desired. I drizzled a bit of chocolate syrup just because I could!