Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Topping
Red Velvet Pancakes ~Move over red velvet cake, its breakfast time with Red Velvet Pancakes made with Bisquick®! But wait, they wouldn't be complete without a wonderful rich and creamy cream cheese topping---yum! To make them festive and tasty simply add fresh fruit of your choice! For Labor Day, Memorial Day or July 4th, add blueberries. For St. Pat's or Christmas just add kiwi! You can even drizzle coconut syrup on them for a sweet change. Let me know how YOU changed it up!
- Cream Cheese Topping:
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red paste food color*
- 2 eggs
- 1 quart fresh strawberries or other seasonal fruit (optional)
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and 3 tablespoons milk with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until topping is smooth. Cover; set aside.
- In large bowl, stir all pancake ingredients except powdered sugar with wire whisk until well blended. Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat (375°F). (To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles jump around, heat is just right.) Brush with vegetable oil if necessary or spray with cooking spray before heating.
- For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Turn; cook other side until golden brown.
- Spoon cream cheese topping into resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag; squeeze bag to drizzle topping over pancakes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Garnish with fresh fruit. Enjoy!