These red velvet pancake puppies have white chocolate chips on the inside, and you can dip these warm red velvet treats into a sweet creamy cream cheese frosting. These treats would make a great addition for a party or a large gathering. These can be made in a jiffy. For more romantic recipes see my Red Velvet Sweetheart Collection!
Red Velvet Pancake Puppies
These red velvet pancake puppies from Best Yummy have white chocolate chips on the inside, and you can dip these warm red velvet treats into a sweet creamy cream cheese frosting. These treats would make a great addition for a party or a large gathering. These can be made in a jiffy.
- 1 box Duncan Hines cake batter (18 ounce size)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 cups of oil to fry
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese – at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees. In a medium sized bowl combine cake batter mix and 3 eggs. Use a blender to mix until the batter has no lumps. Add 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips and mix in with a spoon. Use a 1 ounce cookie scoop to drop batter into hot oil. Fry on one side for approximately 1 minute and then flip over and fry on other side for about a minute. Remove pancake puppy onto a plate lined with paper towels. This grease will not be usable for anything but making these red velvet puppies, the oil will turn red. So be sure to make something else first and finish up with these.
- Make cream cheese dipping sauce by combining cream cheese and butter in a medium sized bowl. Beat together cream cheese and butter until they are light and fluffy. Add approximately 1/2 cup powdered sugar, into butter and cream cheese. Once the first portion of cream cheese has been incorporated add the next portion, and then the remaining powdered sugar. Add vanilla, lemon extract, and 1 tablespoon of milk. Blend in flavorings and milk. Place dipping sauce into a small bowl and serve with red velvet puppies.
- Tip: not use the oil for frying for anything else, so be sure to use the oil only for these, or the next thing you try to cook in the oil will turn red.
Tip: not use the oil for frying for anything else, so be sure to use the oil only for these, or the next thing you try to cook in the oil will turn red.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 6 puppies
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8 g
Sodium 980 mg
Total Carbohydrates 68 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 20 g
Protein 8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.