Red Velvet Oreo Trifle ~I made this at Christmas one year and everyone raved about how yummy it looked.
When it was time to dish it out my sister scooped very small portions on each plate. That wasn’t enough!
Since the dessert was so light relatives came back for seconds and thirds. I was totally surprised there wasn’t even a spoonful left over.
For those dieters, use low fat cool whip. Tell everyone I removed all the calories.
This trifle makes a big WOW statement on your table. Even use it as a centerpiece after the main meal is served and you are ready for dessert.
Red Velvet Oreo Trifle can be whipped up in as much time as you can whip up a pudding mix.
Just bake yourself a red velvet cake mix, cheesecake pudding mix, prepared whip cream and some cookies.
You can use all premade ingredients for less hassle.
No one will believe how easily this trifle is made.
Go ahead and keep that a secret. It is time you become the Queen of desserts in your own kitchen!
Red Velvet Oreo Trifle
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix Or your favorite from scratch recipe, two round 8 inch layers
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 3.5 oz Jello cheesecake filling mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 6 oz container of Cool Whip
- 2 packages of Oreos with seasonal red filling you’ll need about 1 1/2 packages
- Prepare red velvet cake mix according to the directions on the box. (I used two round 8 inch pans.) Let the cake cool completely.
- In a medium-sized bowl, prepare the cheesecake filling according to the directions on the box. Transfer the bowl to the refrigerator to thicken.
- Chop Oreos into large pieces, but not crumbs. You won’t need all of the second package, probably around half. ( I used a neat tenderizer)
- When the cake layers are cool, cut into 1 inch squares.
- The cheesecake filling should be thick enough at this point. Fold in the Cool Whip.
- In a large clear bowl, create the bottom layer by arranging the pieces of cake from one of the cake layers. Next, spread a half of the cheesecake filling on top of the cake. Sprinkle with half of the chopped Oreos. Repeat with the other cake layer, cheesecake filling, and Oreos.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours, but overnight is best. Store trifle in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.