Have you wanted to make crepes but always thought it would be difficult? Well, start thinking about making Red Velvet Crepes for brunch! This recipe takes only a few short steps. If you have a blender and start one hour before you want to serve for your batter to rest, your crepes will be done in no time! Blend the ingredients, cook like you would a pancake browning on one side then flip. Add some strawberries and roll. Breakfast is ready!Red Velvet Crepes for brunch! What a concept! #redvelvet #crepesClick To Tweet
Red Velvet Crepes with Fresh Strawberries
Yield 4 -6
Have you wanted to make crepes but always thought it would be difficult? Well, start thinking about making Red Velvet Crepes for brunch! This recipe takes only a few short steps.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- red food coloring
- butter (for pan)
- 15 strawberries (chopped)
- Combine ingredients for crepe batter in blender, mixing for one minute until mixture is smooth and slightly frothy.
- Add red food colouring until you reach your desired color of red.
- Allow crepe batter to rest in fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- In a pan on medium heat, add butter, pouring about ¼ cup of crepe batter into pan, frying until it begins to brown on the bottom (about 1-2 minutes).
- Flip and cook crepe for about another minute.
- Add fresh strawberries just off the center of the crepe, rolling up the crepe around it.
- Plate, top with 2-3 strawberries, add whip cream and serve immediately.
Food Source: The Village Grill ©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.