Have you wanted to make crepes but always thought it would be difficult? Well, start thinking about making Red Velvet Crepes for brunch! This recipe takes only a few short steps. If you have a blender and start one hour before you want to serve for your batter to rest, your crepes will be done in no time! Blend the ingredients, cook like you would a pancake browning on one side then flip. Add some strawberries and roll. Breakfast is ready!For more romantic recipes see my Red Velvet Sweetheart Collection!
Red Velvet Crepes with Fresh Strawberries
Yield 4 -6
Have you wanted to make crepes but always thought it would be difficult? Well, start thinking about making Red Velvet Crepes for brunch! This recipe takes only a few short steps.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- red food coloring
- butter (for pan)
- 15 strawberries (chopped)
- Combine ingredients for crepe batter in blender, mixing for one minute until mixture is smooth and slightly frothy.
- Add red food colouring until you reach your desired color of red.
- Allow crepe batter to rest in fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- In a pan on medium heat, add butter, pouring about ¼ cup of crepe batter into pan, frying until it begins to brown on the bottom (about 1-2 minutes).
- Flip and cook crepe for about another minute.
- Add fresh strawberries just off the center of the crepe, rolling up the crepe around it.
- Plate, top with 2-3 strawberries, add whip cream and serve immediately.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.