Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies ~Red velvet cake is so pretty and perfect for the holiday season. We all know my heart belongs to cookies, not cake, so I decided it was time for me to create a red velvet cookie…and not just any red velvet cookie, but a Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookie. This cookie is the cookie of all cookies. If you think your holiday baking list is set, think again. You have to make these cookies! They will wow everyone who takes a bite! For more cookie recipes see Ultimate Cookie Bloopers Or For more romantic recipes see my Red Velvet Sweetheart Collection!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies
Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies ~This cookie is the cookie of all cookies. If you think your holiday baking list is set, think again. You have to make these cookies! They will wow everyone who takes a bite!
- For the cookies:
- 1 box red velvet cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the cheesecake filling:
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the white chocolate drizzle:
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips, melted
- To make cookies:
- in a large bowl combine cake mix and flour. Whisk until clumps disappear. In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together cake mix, flour, eggs, oil and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap. The dough will be oily. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- To make the cheesecake filling:
- using a mixer, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Using a teaspoon, scoop out cheesecake filling and place on a plate. Continue scooping out cheesecake filling into teaspoon balls until you have 10. Place plate in the freezer and freeze for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. To assemble the cookies, take about ¼ cup of red velvet cookie dough and flatten in your hands. Place a teaspoon of cheesecake filling in the center and wrap the cookie dough around the filling. Gently roll into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet. Scoop onto lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheets. Only bake 3 cookies at a time. The cookies are large and will spread. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the cookies begin to crackle. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove from baking sheet to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl or over a double-boiler. Drizzle the white chocolate over the cooled cookies. Let the cookies set until the chocolate hardens.
Recipe Source: Two Peas and Their Pod
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 2 cookies
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 60 mg
Total Carbohydrates 41 g
Sugars 39 g
Protein 2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.