Red Velvet Banana Bread is Weight Watchers! As I am on a bread kick this week and everyone knows how much I like Red Velvet. I went looking through my banana bread recipes to get some measurements to make this Red Velvet Banana Bread. This banana bread is just one in a series of adaptations on my favorite bread.
Weight Watchers Points
For more romantic recipes see my Red Velvet Sweetheart Collection!
Red Velvet Beet Banana Bread
- 1/2 Cup Rice flour
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 2/3 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Twp Salt
- 3 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Beet puree
- 2 Large Bananas Overly ripe, mashed
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbs Powdered sugar for dusting
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon or nutmeg To taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Add the beets and beat well
- Add in the mashed bananas and vanilla
- Mix in the rice flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg totaste
- Pour the banana-beet mix into springform pan and bake for 30-35 minutes
- Remove from pan. Let cool. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.