Red Velvet Banana Bread ~As I am on a bread kick this week and everyone Knows how much I like Red Velvet cake mixes from Duncan Hines, I went looking through my banana bread recipes to get some measurements to make this Red Velvet Banana Bread. Guess what I found? I am not as creative as I thought. This banana bread is just one in a series of adaptations on my favorite bread. I am even thinking of making a different version for every occasion. If you have a special banana bread you love, please leave it in the comments. I will make it and present it with a link to your blog!This banana bread is just one in a series of adaptations on my favorite bread. #banana #breadClick To Tweet
- 1 red velvet cake mix (just the dry mix, not the other ingredients on the box)
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1 tbs powdered sugar for dusting
- Milk for mixing the glaze
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9x5x3 loaf pan with foil or parchment paper and lightly spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together all ingredients until batter forms.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
- Mix the powdered sugar with enough milk to make a glaze a dribble over the top.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.