Red Velvet Banana Bread is Weight Watchers! As I am on a bread kick this week and everyone Knows how much I like Red Velvet cake mixes from Duncan Hines, I went looking through my banana bread recipes to get some measurements to make this Red Velvet Banana Bread. This banana bread is just one in a series of adaptations on my favorite bread.
Weight Watchers Points
For more romantic recipes see my Red Velvet Sweetheart Collection!
Red Velvet Banana Bread
As I am on a bread kick this week and everyone Knows how much I like Red Velvet cake mixes from Duncan Hines, I went looking through my banana bread recipes and came up with this!.
- 1 red velvet cake mix (just the dry mix, not the other ingredients on the box)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1 tbs powdered sugar for dusting
- Milk for mixing the glaze
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9x5x3 loaf pan with foil or parchment paper and lightly spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together all ingredients until batter forms.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
- Mix the powdered sugar with enough milk to make a glaze a dribble over the top.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 360 mg
Total Carbohydrates 45 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 31 g
Protein 5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.