Red Velvet Banana Bread is Weight Watchers! As I am on a bread kick this week and everyone Knows how much I like Red Velvet cake mixes from Duncan Hines, I went looking through my banana bread recipes to get some measurements to make this Red Velvet Banana Bread. This banana bread is just one in a series of adaptations on my favorite bread.
Weight Watchers Points
For more romantic recipes see my Red Velvet Sweetheart Collection!
Red Velvet meets Banana Bread. Delicious and eye catching.
- 1 red velvet cake mix just the dry mix, not the other ingredients on the box
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 3 medium bananas
- 1 tbs powdered sugar for dusting
- Milk for mixing the glaze
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9x5x3 loaf pan with foil or parchment paper and lightly spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together all ingredients until batter forms.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
- Mix the powdered sugar with enough milk to make a glaze a dribble over the top.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.