These Red Valentine Day Sugar Cookies were made in under 30 minutes and just 4 ingredients. Soft and chewy, they don’t fall apart when you eat them and they didn’t stick to my hands when I rolled them into a ball. The kids just love to help by plopping the balls one at a time into a plastic bag of sugar and singing shake, shake, shake, macaroni! Don’t ask me, but they loved it and couldn’t stop giggling. This was a great activity to teach the younger ones it can be fun to bake. They seemed to be right at my heels to taste test each batch, too!
For more romantic recipes see my Red Velvet Sweetheart Collection!
Red Valentine Day Sugar Cookies
- 2 pouches Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter 16 TBS
- 6 TBS red colored sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add cookie mix, eggs and butter. Beat on low about 2 minutes until well blended.
- Place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Using a 1 inch cookie baller roll cookies into ball. Shake each ball in bag of red sugar until covered.
- Place on lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes until cookie rises. Do not over bake. Cookie may still look white but will continue to cook while cooling on baking pan.
- Remove cookie from pan after cool.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.