These Red Valentine Day Sugar Cookies were made in under 30 minutes and just 4 ingredients. Soft and chewy, they don’t fall apart when you eat them and they didn’t stick to my hands when I rolled them into a ball. The kids just love to help by plopping the balls one at a time into a plastic bag of sugar and singing shake, shake, shake, macaroni! Don’t ask me, but they loved it and couldn’t stop giggling. This was a great activity to teach the younger ones it can be fun to bake. They seemed to be right at my heels to taste test each batch, too!
For more romantic recipes see my Red Velvet Sweetheart Collection!
Red Valentine Day Sugar Cookies
These soft and chewy Red Valentine Day Sugar Cookies were fun to make and a great teaching experience for the kids!
- 2 pouches Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (16 TBS)
- 6 TBS red colored sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add cookie mix, eggs and butter. Beat on low about 2 minutes until well blended.
- Place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Using a 1 inch cookie baller roll cookies into ball. Shake each ball in bag of red sugar until covered.
- Place on lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes until cookie rises. Do not over bake. Cookie may still look white but will continue to cook while cooling on baking pan.
- Remove cookie from pan after cool.
Tip:If you make dough up to one day ahead of time you can refrigerate over night. Dough will get sticky as it warms to room temperature, so cook while still slightly cold.©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.