Do you remember the custard pie your grandmother would make? She served it topped with nutmeg and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. Truth be told though, I never took a piece of there was fruit pie available. There is something about the color and “taste of spring” a good fruit pie brings to the table. This one is a perfect combination of both fruit and custard. Fresh from the bush, these raspberries make this custard pie pop!
Raspberry Custard Pie
2 crust, (top and bottom) room temperatureFilling:
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Gently rinse fresh raspberries immediately before use, pat dry with paper towel.
- Combine milk, sugar, eggs, and cornstarch and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.Optional : Add berries to the custard mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 to 60 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving. Custard should set as it cools.
- Frozen raspberries should be allowed to thaw and drain completely in colander before baking.