Do you ever attend buffets for Mother’s Day or holidays? We frequently take my mother-in-law to this local buffet near us for her special days. One dish they always serve is this Raspberry chicken. She loves both buffets and chicken and has sampled many different culinary recipes. This particular one though is her favorite. She talks about the moist and succulent chicken all year and looks forward to the next time time she can enjoy it. This one is delicious as well as easy, the only recipes I make! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
This recipe is a delicious fruity take on your normal skillet chicken.This meal is good served with white rice and green beans steamed in garlic and white wine.
- 8 (10.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups frozen cranberry raspberry juice concentrate
- 2 cups white wine
- 4 (12 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (optional)
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Combine the chicken broth and garlic in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by 1/2, at least 15 minutes. Stir in the cranberry raspberry concentrate, white wine, and 2/3 of the raspberries. Return to a boil, and boil until there is about 4 cups of sauce remaining, about 30 minutes. Strain the sauce, and return it to the pan. Mix together the cornstarch and cold water; stir into the sauce. Cook over medium heat until glossy and slightly thickened.
- Place the flour and tarragon in a small paper sack. Shake to mix. Place chicken breasts in the bag, and coat completely.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, and cook until no longer pink, and the juices run clear. Drain off excess oil, and pour the raspberry sauce into the pan. It will boil up, and then settle. Turn the chicken to coat evenly with the sauce. Sprinkle the remaining raspberries into the pan and cook until thawed. Add scallions, mix and serve.