What do you want when you don’t know what you really want? I will tell you! This easy french toast takes breakfast to the top of the list. Pumpkin spice, your favorite bread and the secret that sets it apart from the rest of your recipes. Imagine that beautiful french toast, sitting on a plate and just dripping butter and syrup. Adding a bit of amaretto flavor to your maple syrup will please you family so much they will volunteer to set the table AND do the dishes. This leaves you plenty of time to relax and have that cup of warm coffee you have been dreaming about. Take control of your destiny while serving up a warm and filling breakfast! Enjoy! #pumpkin #amaretto #frenchtoast Another tasty french toast is Orange Butter French Toast
For more pumpkin recipes see The Great Pumpkin Roundup
Pumpkin Spiced French Toast Amaretto Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter - softened
- 1/4 cup plus 2 additional Tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 cup maple syrup
- bananas and walnuts to taste
Pumpkin French Toast:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices day-old bread*
- butter - for frying
First make Amaretto Butter:
- by combining the 1/2 cup butter with 2 Tablespoons of Amaretto.
Then make the Amaretto Syrup:
- In small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup Amaretto with the maple syrup. Heat to boiling. Allow to cool before serving. These will be your toppings.
Pumpkin French Toast:
- * French bread is my favorite as it really absorbs the egg mixture. Standard white or wheat slices work fine as long as they're slightly dry.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add the pumpkin, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and nutmeg and continue to beat until well combined. Transfer mixture to a shallow baking pan big enough to fit 2 slices of bread face-down.
- Place a skillet or large frying pan over medium heat. Melt about 2 teaspoons of butter for batch of French toast.
- Place bread slices in the egg mixture and coat each side for 10 or 15 seconds. Use a spatula to remove if bread gets too soggy. Transfer the slices two at a time (more if your skillet has room) to the heated pan. Fry each side of the bread to a golden-orangish-brown - 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Add additional butter to the frying pan as needed to complete remaining batches.
- Serve warm with the Amaretto butter and Amaretto syrup.
- Add chopped bananas and walnuts to taste.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.