What do you want when you don’t know what you really want? I will tell you! This easy french toast takes breakfast to the top of the list. Pumpkin spice, your favorite bread and the secret that sets it apart from the rest of your recipes. Imagine that beautiful french toast, sitting on a plate and just dripping butter and syrup. Adding a bit of amaretto flavor to your maple syrup will please you family so much they will volunteer to set the table AND do the dishes. This leaves you plenty of time to relax and have that cup of warm coffee you have been dreaming about. Take control of your destiny while serving up a warm and filling breakfast! Enjoy! #pumpkin #amaretto #frenchtoast
Pumpkin Spiced French Toast Amaretto Sauce
Just when you thought it was safe to make breakfast again I bring you this!#pumpkin #amaretto
- For Topping:
- 1/2 cup butter - softened
- 1/4 cup plus 2 additional Tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 cup maple syrup
- bananas and walnuts to taste
- Pumpkin French Toast:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices day-old bread*
- butter - for frying
- First make Amaretto Butter:
- by combining the 1/2 cup butter with 2 Tablespoons of Amaretto.
- Then make the Amaretto Syrup:
- In small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup Amaretto with the maple syrup. Heat to boiling. Allow to cool before serving. These will be your toppings.
- Pumpkin French Toast:
- * French bread is my favorite as it really absorbs the egg mixture. Standard white or wheat slices work fine as long as they're slightly dry.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add the pumpkin, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and nutmeg and continue to beat until well combined. Transfer mixture to a shallow baking pan big enough to fit 2 slices of bread face-down.
- Place a skillet or large frying pan over medium heat. Melt about 2 teaspoons of butter for batch of French toast.
- Place bread slices in the egg mixture and coat each side for 10 or 15 seconds. Use a spatula to remove if bread gets too soggy. Transfer the slices two at a time (more if your skillet has room) to the heated pan. Fry each side of the bread to a golden-orangish-brown - 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Add additional butter to the frying pan as needed to complete remaining batches.
- Serve warm with the Amaretto butter and Amaretto syrup.
- Add chopped bananas and walnuts to taste.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 2 slices cut in 1/2
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 36 g
Total Carbohydrates 16 g
Dietary Fiber 9 g
Protein 13 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.