Pumpkin Pie ~This is a classic pumpkin pie recipe, a must in every Thanksgiving feast. It is very moist and creamy without a strong taste of cinnamon or nutmeg. The addition of lemon zest is the key ingredient and the hardest to identify. Add a dollop of whipped cream on the top!This traditional Pumpkin Pie comes with a twist. Wanna know? Check it out! #pumpkin #pieClick To Tweet
Pumpkin Pie ~This is a classic pumpkin pie recipe, a must in every Thanksgiving. Save this recipe and prepare a wonderful pumpkin pie this holiday Adapted: simplyrecipes.com
- 2 cups of pumpkin pulp (may be canned pumpkin purée)
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream or 1 12 oz. can of evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 yolk
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 good crust
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix sugars, salt, and spices, and lemon zest in a large bowl. Beat the eggs and add to the bowl. Stir in the pumpkin purée. Stir in cream. Whisk all together until well incorporated.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 425°F for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes reduce the temperature to 350°F. Bake 40-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Note that the pumpkin pie will come out of the oven all puffed up (from the leavening of the eggs), and will deflate as it cools.
- Serve with whipped cream.