Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Mousse ~Love the pumpkin pie, but you can skip the crust? Then you simply must try these Pumpkin Pancakes. Not too sweet, very light, and part of a healthy diet plan, you will enjoy the pumpkin taste. No need for syrup or butter, they do well just the way thy are! Add a spot of cinnamon mousse to the middle topped with a bit of ground cinnamon and the aroma as well as the decadent taste will make you think you are eating something that will ruin your diet. But don’t let that fool you. These are a healthy choice.
Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Mousse
Love the pumpkin pie, but you can skip the crust? Then you simply must try these Pumpkin Pancakes.
- 2 cup(s) flour, all-purpose
- 2 tablespoon sugar, brown
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk, fat-free
- 1 cup(s) pumpkin
- 1/2 cup(s) refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 2 tablespoon oil, cooking
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 TBS confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pumpkin Pancakes:
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- In another medium bowl combine the milk, pumpkin, egg product, and oil. Add the milk mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Lightly coat a nonstick griddle or heavy skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle or skillet. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes or until pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry. Turn pancakes; cook about 2 minutes more or until golden brown.
- To serve, whisk heavy cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl until stiff. Using an Ateco #864 star tip, pipe whipped cream in rosettes onto pie (or spread the whipped cream evenly over the top of the pie with a spatula). Sift remaining tablespoon cinnamon on top. Serve chilled.
Adapted from: Everyday Health©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 2 small pancakes
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Trans Fat 4 g
Total Carbohydrates 39 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.