Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Mousse ~Love the pumpkin pie, but you can skip the crust? Then you simply must try these Pumpkin Pancakes. Not too sweet, very light, and part of a healthy diet plan, you will enjoy the pumpkin taste. No need for syrup or butter, they do well just the way thy are! Add a spot of cinnamon mousse to the middle topped with a bit of ground cinnamon and the aroma as well as the decadent taste will make you think you are eating something that will ruin your diet. But don’t let that fool you. These are a healthy choice. For more pumpkin recipes see The Great Pumpkin Roundup Or For more breakfast choices please visit this post, 10 Great Breakfasts.
Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Mousse
- 2 cup s flour, all-purpose
- 2 tablespoon sugar brown
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cup s milk, fat-free
- 1 cup s pumpkin
- 1/2 cup s refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 2 tablespoon oil cooking
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 TBS confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- In another medium bowl combine the milk, pumpkin, egg product, and oil. Add the milk mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Lightly coat a nonstick griddle or heavy skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle or skillet. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes or until pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry. Turn pancakes; cook about 2 minutes more or until golden brown.
- To serve, whisk heavy cream, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium bowl until stiff. Using an Ateco #864 star tip, pipe whipped cream in rosettes onto pancakes.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.